- ACCESSORIES & PARTS
THESE COOL RULES WILL HELP YOU GET THE BEST PERFORMANCE & EFFICIENCY FROM YOUR ICON.
1. ICON coolers are premium rotational-molded performance coolers. That means they are built big and they're built tough, so they can handle the extreme conditions imposed by your outdoor pursuits day in and day out. However, this extra material requires extra care. Always pre-cool your ICON cooler. We recommend the following be left in the cooler for up to 24hrs (atleast 12hrs) prior to packing: a 10lb bag of ice for our ICON 32 models and a 20lb bag for our ICON 50 models.
2. Always pre-cool or freeze your contents prior to the day you plan to pack your ICON cooler.
3. Pack the cooler tight and full with frozen items and those that you will need access to last on the bottom. Those items that you will need first should be the last packed into the cooler. Never overfill your ICON cooler or force its lid and latches to close as a positive seal is critical to maintain internal temperatures and damage to latches may occur.
4. Close and latch your lid as soon as possible after opening.
5. Whenever possible use block ice or dry ice when appropriate (use extra caution when handling) as these forms of ice are ideal for maximum cooling duration.
6. Frozen plastic water bottles can be packed throughout your cooler’s contents to provide additional solid-ice cooling if space allows.
7. Don't drain the water from the cooler as the ice-melt transfers coldness to the contents of your ICON cooler quicker than the remaining solid ice would if the water was drained.
8. Avoid leaving your cooler in direct sunlight when possible. No explanation necessary here.